TODAY'S LISTSWEDNESDAY, MARCH 8TH, 2017
7 Weird Ways to Make Allergies More Bearable: http://ti.me/2naUMBv (Time)
The 6 Best Snacks To Eat If You're Trying To Avoid Sugar: http://fxn.ws/2lZ3zpV (Fox)
16 Ways To Relieve Your Anxiety Without Medication: http://bit.ly/2lAS7EW (Women's Health)
10 Toys That Kids Love and Moms Love to Hate: http://bit.ly/2naCKzk (Pop Sugar)
33 Documentaries On Netflix Right Now That Will Make You Smarter: http://read.bi/2miVDlV (Business Insider)
8 Nutritionists Reveal What They Eat When They’re Craving Dessert: http://bit.ly/2mBA4hI (Men's Health)
These Are the Happiest and Healthiest Cities in America: http://ti.me/2naHHIi (Time)
7 Women Share The Money Issues They Wish They Worked Out Before They Got Married: http://bit.ly/2mxIia4 (Women's Health)
These Are The 18 Most-Popular YouTube Stars In The World: http://read.bi/2miGHoc (Business Insider)
The 5 Golden Reasons You're Not Getting Ahead At Work: http://dailym.ai/2miGn8K (Daily Mail)
TODAY'S POLLSWEDNESDAY, MARCH 8TH, 2017
TOP REASONS PEOPLE USE AD BLOCKING SOFTWARE (MarketingSherpa/ PR Newswire)A poll of 2,400 U.S. consumers reveals why they use ad blocking software:
- 30% "I dislike ads that pop up over an entire webpage"
- 23% "rollover ads are intrusive"
- 19% "audio AutoPlay of online ads is intrusive"
- 19% "I don't like remarketing (trying to sell me a product I've veiwed elsewhere or already bought)
- 16% "showing personalized ads based on data about me is invasive"
- 11% "I know the value of advertising but I don't care"
- 10% "I don't see the value in advertising (e.g., getting free content, finding products, etc.)"
- 2% other
ASK YOUR LISTENERS
- What would be a worse internet issue to deal with: someone bullying your child, or an ex of yours posting revenge porn?
- What website do you tend to avoid due to ads?
- Which person do you dislike more: the inventor of AutoPlay audio ads, or the inventor of email?
REASONS WOMEN SAY THEY DON'T TRUST THE MEDIA (Womankind/ PR Newswire)A poll of 2,100 members of the SheSpeaks Community reveals reasons women are losing trust in the media:
- 81% political bias
- 81% inadequate fact checking
- 79% prevalence of "fake news"
- 79% focus on money/ratings vs. truth
- 91% say that they don’t trust politicians
- 72% say the most trusted news source is public broadcasting
- 42% have very little trust in the news
IN MEDIA ENTERTAINMENT, WHICH CHARACTERS ARE YOUR FAVORITES? (TellWut) An online poll of over 1,500 people reveals the characteristics of their favorite characters in media:
- 46% say they like main and minor characters equally
- 42% say they prefer good characters
- 32% like good and evil characters equally
- 7% say they prefer evil characters
- 17% say their favorite characters are usually male
- 63% say their favorite characters are equally male and female
- 10% say their favorite characters are usually female
- 41% they equally like characters they can relate to and those they cannot relate to
- 24% most like characters they can easily relate to
- 10% most like characters that are different from them
DO YOU WRITE IN CURSIVE? (TellWut)An online poll of over 33,000 people reveals whether people write in cursive or not:
- 41% I write in a hybrid of print and cursive
- 36% I write mainly print
- 23% I write mainly in cursive